Garden Montessori School is a child-centered, parent-inclusive community of learners. Our primary goal is to help each person reach his/her full potential and to foster competent, responsible, adaptive citizens who are lifelong learners and problem solvers.
Garden Montessori School is founded on the following beliefs:
- All human beings are born with both universal and unique potentials.
- Each individual has a unique style of learning and pace of development which should be respected and nurtured.
- Children are active organizers of their own experiences.
- An inquiring, nurturing, cooperative atmosphere promotes learning and personal growth.
- Learning takes place through the senses: through manipulating materials, listening, observing, and interacting with others.
- A school should be a caring community of active and committed parents, teachers and children.
- Respect for oneself, others, the environment, and life is necessary to develop a caring attitude toward all people and the planet.